Entdecken Sie unsere vielfältigen Kurse!
- This event has passed.
Hot Stone Massage
5. September 2023, 8:30 - 16:30€189
Hot Stone Massage - what exactly is it?
The massage of the body with warm basalt and cold marble stones has a long-standing tradition. As early as 2000 BC, this technique was used to cause a positive effect on the body and to relieve tensions in the muscles. Because the intense heat of the stones penetrates through the skin into deeper layers of tissue into the muscles and connective tissue. This increases the elasticity of tendons and connective tissue as well as the mobility of joints and dilates blood vessels. In combination with special oil mixtures, Goat Butter Cool Energizing Body Balm and special massage strokes the treatment stimulates mind and soul.
Course: Hot Stone Massage
- Effects: deeply relaxing, decongestant, stimulates blood circulation, stimulates metabolism, warming, alleviates stress and fatigue, alleviates sleep problems, strengthens tissue through cold-warm stimulation, relieves blockages.
- Course date: February 21, 2024; September 03, 2024
- Duration: 1 day (10 sessions of 45 minutes each), 8:30 a.m. to 04:30 p.m.
- Costs: 189.00 € plus VAT
- The price includes the following: Working documents, certificate
- Qualification: Certificate “Hot Stone Massage”
- Venue: Sägewerkstr. 2, 83404 Ainring
(Upon request, we can also provide all training courses at your premises)
- Information material and personal consultation: +49 86 54 / 48 87-43 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training Program: Download PDF
Training: Hot Stone Massage
A training offered by Kurland
During the course “Hot Stone Massage” you will learn how heat and cold stimuli affect the vegetative nervous system, at which points and lines to use the basalt (volcanic) and marble stones and how to perform an optimum treatment.
- Preparatory oil anointing in combination with special massage strokes
- Application and effect of basalt and marble stones on the body
- In the practical part you will learn the exact procedure of the Kurland® Hot Stone treatment
- Recommendations for the use of Kurland® Hot Stone
- Where to massage and tap with the stones
- Effect and application of the Kurland® care products and essential oils
- Hands-on training with the basalt and marble stones
Old Native American knowledge: release tensions with stones
Hot stone massage was already used by Indians and shamans. They believed that everything that exists has a soul. Accordingly, stones were not dead matter for them, but they believed the stones stored ancient knowledge, sent out messages and stimulated the self-healing power in people. If you want to feel these powers for yourself, all you have to do is to put a stone, which was warmed by the sun, on your skin. The body is immediately permeated by pleasant warmth.
Procedure and effects of a hot stone massage
Basalt stones, which are heated in a water bath to about 55° C, and ice-cooled marble stones are used in the Hot Stone Massage (or Sassi dei Vulcano). During the massage, the practitioner places the stones on specific energy points to harmonize the flow of energy and thus regulate certain functions of the body. Moreover, the stones are also used to directly massage the body. If used correctly, hot stone massage can relieve rheumatic complaints, have a positive effect on mental and stress-related tension in the muscles, support digestion and help with sleep disorders and stress.
Products for effective stone massages
From massage stones and oil blends to warming devices and couch towels, you will find all the necessary consumables in the Kurland product range. For the hot stone treatment we have created our own massage oil, which enhances the success of the treatment. In addition, we recommend our Goat Butter Cool Energizing Body Balm and our essential oil peppermint. Upon request, we will be happy to advise you and to put together a complete package including treatment procedures.